Dr. Chynn’s Publications
Dr. Chynn has published extensively, both nationally and internationally. He is first author on over a dozen peer-reviewed publications, including all three leading ophthalmic journals in the US.
In addition, Dr. Chynn has published over 100 articles in non-peer reviewed literature, including many in Ophthalmology Times, the #1 popular journal in ophthalmology (according to annual readership and sales figures, provided by OT).
These articles report on the latest advances in LASIK and the more advanced LASEK and epi-LASEK (epi-LASIK) laser vision correction techniques and are widely read by eye surgeons across the US – especially those who are unable to attend the prominent meetings covered (the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology).
Unfortunately for our visitors, Dr. Chynn wrote these articles not for the lay public, but for MD’s, PhD’s, Odds, and other doctors engaged in either clinical practice or research.
Nevertheless, it is both interesting and instructive to take a few minutes and read about the incredible advances going on in this field! Obviously, by attending meetings, conducting research, and writing, Dr. Chynn remains at the cutting-edge of this rapidly-advancing technology – assuring you of the latest in Laser Vision Correction expertise.
At Park Avenue LASEK, we know that an educated patient is our best customer!
Here is a sample of the many articles Dr. Chynn has published.
Dr. Chynn’s Articles About Laser Vision Correction
- Hyperopic LASIK
- Hyperopic PRK
- Re-treatment one year after photo refractive keratectomy (PRK) for myopia
- How many myopes will have refractive surgery?
- Contact Holmium Laser Thermokeratoplasty (LTK) for Hyperopia Surgery: 30 months follow-up
- Photo refractive keratectomy for the correction of hyperopia using the excimer laser VISX STAR
- Hyperopic LASIK: a comparison of the Nidek EC-5000, Chiron PlanoScan, and Kera Isobeam
- Prospective randomized comparison of simultaneous and sequential bilateral laser in-situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for the correction of myopia
- LASIK Laser Vision Correction – UPDATE
- See Better…Drive Better!
- Dr. Chynn’s Articles About Upcoming Techniques in Vision Correction
- Hyperopic Intraocular Contact Lens
- Clear Lensectomy
- Laser Thermokeratoplasty
- Bladeless “all-laser” new LASEK technique by Dr. Chynn offers maximum safety and vision!
Dr. Chynn’s Articles About Cataract Surgical Techniques
- CATARACTS: What They are, How to Prevent Them, and How to Choose a Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Chynn’s Articles About Cornea and External Disease
- Acanthamoeba Keratitis: Is Water Exposure a True Risk Factor?
- Acanthamoeba Keratitis: Contact Lens and Non-Contact Lens Characteristics
- Topical Cyclosporin A in the management of postkeratoplasty Corticosteroid-Induced Ocular Hypertention (CIOH) and Glaucoma
- Is Pseudoexfoliation an immunological Disease?
- Relationship of corneal thickness and Measured Intraocular Pressure
- Long-term treatment of normal pressure Glaucoma with Nimodipine
- Therapeutic Outcomes of Acanthamoeba Keratitis
- Prognosis and Complications of Corneo-scleral transplants for end-stage corneal disease
- Subconjunctival treatment of Ocular Cicatricial Pemphigoid (OCP) with Mitomycin-C (MMC)
- Treatment of Conjunctival Malignancies with Topical Chemotherapy
Dr. Chynn’s Articles About General Ophthalmology
- An Open Letter to the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO)
Articles About General Ophthalmology by Dr. Emil Chynn’s interns
- Chapter 15: Smoking and the Eyes (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD and Allison Regan)
- Review: How to Select and Implement the Right Computer Solutions for your Ophthalmic Practice. Susan and David Jones. Medical Business Publishing, Inc., 2002. (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD and Ashhad Mahmood)
- Review: Ocular Pathology, Fifth Edition. Myron Yanoff, MD and Ben S. Fine, MD. Mosby, Inc., Philadelphia, PA. (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD and Ashhad Mahmood)
- Review: Clinical Retina. David A. Quillen, MD and Barbara A. Blodi, MD. (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD and Allison Regan)
- Review: Disease of the Orbit. Jack Rootman. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2003. (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD, Elizabeth Dobler and Carolina Mercader)
- Intern’s Perspective on LASIK Surgery. Kam Siu. (Reviewed by Dr. Emil W. Chynn, MD)
- Flap striae after LASIK can be treated successfully. Insun Lee, Miten Vasa and Emil W. Chynn, MD.
- What every Keratoconus (KC) patient should know about KC and New Laser Treatments for KC. Howard R. Baruch, M.S. (Reviewed by Emil W. Chynn, MD)
Articles Featuring Dr. Chynn
- “From ‘Ground Zero’ to Heroes: A Nation Resolves to Stand Tall.” ACSH News Volume 9 No. 2 2001.
- “ACSH’s Dr. Emil Chynn, ‘Ground Zero’ Volunteer.” ACSH News 1 January 2002.
Links to Dr. Chynn’s articles through PubMed
(PubMed comprises more than 20 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.)
- Reactive lymphoid hyperplasia one month after LASIK surgery
- Topographic detection of photo refractive keratectomy
- Metastatic Ewing cell sarcoma of the sinus and osteoid osteoma of the orbit
- Acanthamoeba keratitis: is water exposure a true risk factor?
- Norrie disease. Diagnosis of a simplex case by DNA analysis
- Cogan’s syndrome: ophthalmic, audiovestibular, and systemic manifestations and therapy
- Acanthamoeba keratitis. Contact lens and noncontact lens characteristics
- Cystic lumbar meningioma presenting as a ring enhancing lesion on MRI
- Rigor of research methods in studies of the effectiveness and safety of cataract extraction with intraocular lens implantation
- Hepatitis B transmission by neurologic pin testing
- Neurilemmoma of the anterior ethmoidal nerve encroaching upon the nasolacrimal duct
- Correlations among field dependence-independence, sex, sex-role stereotype, and age of preschooler